School Advisory Council
School Advisory Councils (SACs)
What Are SACs?
SACs are peer-elected, collaborative teams composed of family members, the school principal, teachers or other school-based staff, students (for schools with grades 7 – 12), and community members. SACs champion the work for improved student achievement, effective teaching in the classroom, parent and community engagement in the educational process, and communication and support between home and school.
Many parents would like to volunteer on their child’s school trips. Please remember you may not always be chosen due to the availability of space and prices of tickets. However, if you do volunteer and have been picked to help out on your child’s trip you must have child clearances, background checks, and fingerprints completed. These papers are available through the main office and payment is waived as long as you go through the main office.
Please be aware for your child to attend a trip all must be done prior to the trip:
- all forms must be completely filled out
- any money that is due must be turned in by the due date (if there is a financial problem please discretely let your child’s teacher know)
- any medications must be handed to the school nurse so the nurse can make sure your child’s teacher is aware of what they must do
On the day of the trip please be aware of the following:
- your child must be in the appropriate attire set by his or her teacher
- your child should wear appropriate shoes or sneakers
- school lunch will always be provided but if you send a lunch DO NOT send any glass products and send lunch in a paper or plastic bag with their name and room number on it
- do not be late to school that day (the buses will not wait for your child and there is no refund)
- remind your child how you expect them to behave on any outing you would take them on